a) SPORTS SPECIFIC COACHING /TRAINING
B) HEALTH & FITNESS TRAINING PROGRAMS
C) SPORTS NATIONAl & INTERNATIONAL TOURS
A) BLIND & VISUALLY CHALLENGED
B) SPEECH & HEARING IMPAIRED
C) WHEELCHAIR USERS & AMPUTEES
AGE GROUPS OF BENEFICIARIES:-
A) UNDER 13 YEARS BOYS/GIRLS
B) UNDER 15 YEARS BOYS/GIRLS
C) UNDER 17 YEARS BOYS/GIRLS
D) OPEN AGE GROUP (17 YEARS & ABOVE)
Paraplegia is a spinal cord injury that paralyses the lower limbs. It is a result of severe damage to the spinal cord and the nervous system. Paraplegia mainly affects the trunk, legs, and the pelvic region, resulting in loss of movement. Paraplegia can occur after a spinal cord injury. It's caused by damage to the vertebrae, ligaments or disks of the spinal column. Paraplegia is the loss of muscle function in the lower half of the body, including legs.Rehabilitation, medication and medical devices allow many people with spinal cord injuries to lead productive, independent lives.
The “WLW Foundation DIVYANGJAN SPORTS ACADEMY” conducts technical coaching, game planning, counseling for disabled people such as:-
1. VISUALLY CHALLENGED
2. PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED
3. WHEELCHAIR USERS/AMPUTEES
4. SPEECH AND HEARING DISABLITIES
Setting goals in wheelchair sports is a key in order to increase the para athlete's motivation and confidence. This is our the first stage of the planning process as goals should be able to get athletes focused towards achieving something they envision.
Having a long term goal will encourage an individual to work harder and be more focused on the task.These are set for and with athletes to determinate what their aims are and the best way of achieving them. Our coaches help the wheelchair athlete shape their career. This is because they want to have a good performance in that competition therefore they will start preparing it realistically. Always having in mind what their goals are and how to achieve them.
Setting goals is really good and helpful as top-level athletes always set goals. This gives them long-term vision and short-term motivation. It focuses their desire to gain knowledge. Setting long-term goals allows them to organize their dedication time to that specific training they need in order to achieve their goals.
As demonstrating a new skill is an important component of coaching, it is used by our coaches to support and develop athlete's abilities. Our coach will use videos or images to help development. These examples include working with beginners as the coach will demonstrate the skill they wish for the beginners to achieve.
* Repeating demonstration until athletes actually know how to perform it. Sometimes the coach can use one or more players that can perform the skills. Ensure that the skills are demonstrated in the correct context of the game situation so that participants understand the why as well as how it is done.
* Invite athletes to ask questions after or during every demonstration.
* Always show the correct skill, if the coach is showing the participants the difference between what they are doing and what he wants them to do, he has to demonstrate the correct skill.
The Academy aims to empower the people living with diabilities; to develop and promote independence, physical fitness, and social interactions through the vehicle of sport and competition. The WLW FOUNDATION BLIND SPORTS ACADEMY is recognised by INDIAN BLIND SPORTS ASSOCIATION and ANDHRA PRADESH BLIND SPORTS ASSOCIATION.
-TALENT SEARCH BLIND GAMES & WORKSHOPS
- SPORTS MATERIALS FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY CHALLENGED
-SPORTS SPECIFIC COACHING FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY CHALLENGED
- SPORTS NUTRITION FOR THE BLIND & VISUALLY CHALLENGED PERSONS
- EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE TO THE BLIND & VISUALLY CHALLENGED SPORTS PERSONS